Godliness says, "I am spiritually dead, enslaved to sin, and entitled to nothing but death. I have no hope at all apart from Christ, but through Him, I am redeemed and made new. My desires are not for myself but for Christ's glory." Godliness clings to truth and loves unconditionally, seeking God's will, not one's own. Godliness loves and honors God's word, which always works for the greatest long term good. Godliness puts the interests of others before oneself. (Philippians 2:4). Godliness looks to the Creator, Sustainer, and Lord over ALL for every need and for lasting fulfillment and thereby finds lasting joy and ultimate satisfaction. (John 6:35) Godliness is utterly selfless and ultimately constructive, building up the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 14, Ephesians 4:29) for fruitful living here and for fellowship with God forever. The life, love, and power that flow from His godliness imparted to His adopted children will never ever end!
Godliness comes from the greater reality beyond this earthly life and is only possible through the work of Christ (1 Timothy 3:15, Ephesians 2:5-7).
Worldliness wars against godliness, BUT GOD....He has the victory. (Ephesians 2:1-10,1 Corinthians 15:57) We are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. (Romans 8:37) See also Colossians 3:5-17 & Ephesians 2.
Do not be afraid of offending the worldly by standing for godliness. (Palm 56:11) If the worldly say, "You offend me", pray for them, for they are addicted to their own destructive desires. (Ephesians 2:3) Only fear offending Almighty God who is perfect in holiness, justice, mercy, and love and who is the source of all truth. So let whatever you do or say be filled with both unconditional love and truth.
"For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ." (Galatians 1:10)
No comments:
Post a Comment